SOtech launches new Tom Dixon Magento 2 eCommerce Store, with huge success.6th March 2017
Continuing their reputation for innovation and forward thinking, iconic British design studio, Tom Dixon, has re-imagined and re-platformed its Magento eCommerce website, specifically tailoring it to the professional needs and requirements of the architecture and design community.
“Like Tom, we needed to combine the creative with the commercial, so we created an immersive experience where the customer is never too far away from the shopping basket”.
Mark Purdy, Head of Digital Tom Dixon
Strategy & Planning
The initial phase involved strategy workshops resulting in defined user journeys and UX prototypes based on mobile first methodologies. The outcome was a very clear need for an eCommerce site that could visually express the brand and also deliver an immersive customer experience.
Keeping to our Mobile First Methodology, our key aim of this project was to achieve a seamless integration of the product story, product families and brand into the shopping experience without the need for navigating to different areas within the site. This is achieved with high quality content and imagery driving the look and feel of the site, structured around the specific customer experiences. Product pages are the heroes, doing a stellar job showing the unique nature of the products with strong brand photography.
Magento 1 to Magento 2
With the recent launch of Magento 2 it was part of our technology remit to move Tom Dixon from a Magento 1 store into Magento 2 with all the associated benefits. The updated platform uses up-to-date technologies with new features such as better caching (on average 20% faster, and even faster on PHP7 according to Kevin, our Magento Certified Developer).
New Admin Interface
The new admin interface is of great benefit when managing an online store. The admin area is user-friendly and easier for new team members to learn.
Creating products in the admin is also easier than before with 4x faster product import capabilities.
To make the shopping experience slicker, we’ve applied various extensions such as;
- Amasty GeoIP – Automatically define visitors’ locations by IP and redirect them to relevant information. Segment store visitors by location to increase probability of purchase thanks to proper content presentation, familiar currency and language
- Amasty Feed – Powerful tool for creating and managing product feeds for Google Shopping, Nextag, Bing, Amazon ads and many other comparison shopping engines. Don’t miss the chance to attract more customers and boost sales to your Magento store
- EbizMarts – Sage Pay Official integration for Magento CE, EE store
- PCA-Predict – Verify email addresses and mobile phone numbers, auto-complete and validate postal addresses
- Avatax – This extension will calculate tax via the AvaTax API as soon as the customer submits a postal code
New Functionality For Customers
- Searchable Stories and Spaces
- Table, Upholstery and Furniture Configurators
- Spaces, Stories & Family content pages integrated into the product pages / shopping experience
New Functionality For Team
- Category Permissions
- CMS for content pages for easy upload of content
- Scheduled changes
Kevin Mace is one of our in-house Magento Certified Developers. He has a wealth of experience with both Magento 1 and 2 platforms and has worked on Magento stores for Downton Abbey, Dreams and Flight Extras.
Steven Oddy, Founder, is an expert user of the Magento eCommerce platform. Drawing on a deep background in business and eCommerce, his primary role is to efficiently align business objectives with Magento functionality,optimise use of native features, and avoid unnecessary customisation and making the best use of Magento technology.
Sam Roberts, Senior Front-end Developer, has 6+ years experience developing eCommerce sites, websites and web applications. He brings this skill forward to ensure designs are implemented accurately with a smooth user interface and great user experience.